TheMost Effective Merging and Acquisition Company

7899 Baymeadows Way,

Jacksonville, FL 32256


(904) 434-5115

E2 Visa

What is an E2 Visa?


Foreign investors who invest a “substantial amount of capital” in the US business, and who will develop and direct the business may apply for the E2 investor visa, if their country of citizenship has the required treaty with the US. Foreign companies whose owners are nationals of a treaty country may potentially petition their employees for the E2 visa.

The investor must demonstrate that he or she has control of the enterprise by showing ownership of at least 50 percent of the business and possessing operational control through a managerial position or other means. The investor must have already invested in the US business or is actively in the process of investing in the business.

The investment must be substantial. The law does not specify a minimum dollar amount to qualify. Instead, “substantial investment” is defined as sufficient funds to ensure the investor’s financial commitment to the successful operation of the E2 enterprise and large enough to support the likelihood that the investor will successfully direct and develop the business. The investment enterprise must be more than a marginal business solely for earning the investor’s living.

The business must a real and operating enterprise. If the applicant is not the principal investor, he or she must be employed in an executive or supervisory capacity, or possess skills that are highly specialized and essential to the operations of the commercial enterprise. Ordinary skilled or unskilled workers do not qualify.

The E2 visa has a nonimmigrant intent requirement. Nonimmigrant intent means the applicant must intend to depart the United States when the E2 status terminates. However, holders of E2 visas may renew their visas indefinitely as long as they continue to own and operate their E2 enterprise or work for a qualifying E2 business in the case of an employee. 

How our firm can help you?


  • We help clients evaluate businesses for E-2 Investor eligibility.
  • We advise clients on how to make qualifying business investing for the E-2 Visa.

Call us to discuss your options and opportunities!

About E-2 Visas and U.S. Residency


All our business’ permits and licenses comply with the law and basic requisites for E-2 Visa procedures.

Be sure to invest in a business where you already have previous management experience. Depending on cases, this may include real estate or Good will.

With one of our businesses, you may be eligible for an Investor Visa, allowing you to travel to the USA with your family, spouse and children (under 21).



There are different visas which a person can opt for to live in the United States, including the Investor Visas (E-2) or Intracompany Transferee Visas (L1). The acquisition of the company which we advise you to buy, will help you to get the Investor visa or the Intracompany Transferee Visa. 

The required level of investment and nature of the company varies, depending on your citizenship. Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Honduras and Mexico currently have a treaty with the United States which qualifies their citizens for an E-2 Visa. This visa allows you to invest in a business and live with your family on American soil.  

Spain, Italy, France, Germany and other member states of the European Community also have such treaties. These visas are growing more popular, especially in countries with limited prospects, because they allow you to move to the first world and develop economically with a business of your own. 

Since this visa can be extended to the direct relatives of the investor (spouse and children under 21), this can imply major life changes.

The purpose of these types of visas is to bring money into the American economy and generate employment and sustainable business. The economy of this country is based on what is known as Small Businesses.  

The Investor Visa (E-2) can be renewed indefinitely.



The difference between a visa and residency is that the latter will give you the Green Card, and usually the U.S. citizenship after five years. The first step is to obtain and renew the E-2 visa several times before you can apply for permanent residence.

Many factors determine how to go about the process and we recommend that you seek advice from an immigration attorney. We can even provide you with a list of experts who can assist you.

Special Note: We are not attorneys, nor is this intended to be a professional counseling. If you wish to use any of our businesses to apply for a visa or residency you should contact an immigration attorney.  You can check our list of attorneys who can assist you.

7899 Baymeadows Way

Jacksonville, FL 32256


(904) 434-5115